linksyssmartwifi.com: How to perform a security update in Linksys routers?
Routers with the efficient and innovative technologies are compatible to manage your home network efficiently. No frozen screens or buffering while watching your favorite tv shows and movies. With the smooth online gaming and simultaneous streaming of Wi-Fi, gives the smooth performance to the users. These routers hold the capacity to make your entire home full of the high speed of the network.
How to perform a security update in Linksys routers?
Security update in the Linksys routers is done in various ways. One can perform the security update automatically through its smart mobile interface and also through its web interface.
Here are the steps to perform manual security update within Linksys routers
- To update the firmware through the web interface, first, visit www.linksyssmartwifi.com through your browser.
- Login page of Linksys router is going to appear to type down the credentials.
- Type “admin” on the username and “password” on the password field, in case you haven’t set the password yet.
- As soon as you enter into the Home screen of the Linksys router login page. Go to the Router administration tab.
- Now scroll down your screen to the Firmware section of the routers. The interface will automatically check if the firmware is available for the routers
- If the firmware will be available, click on Yes button and the firmware will get downloaded on the system.
- Now, click on browse.
- Select the file which you have downloaded.
- Click on Upload button to begin the processing on file.
- Click on the Install button after the file will process.
- And finally, click on Yes to initialize the installation.
- As soon as the update gets complete, click on Okay button.
How to Linksys EA8500 Max-Stream™ AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router setup?
Steps to perform the Linksys router setup
- Unbox your router and pick out all the gears within the box.
- Attach all the antennas with the router in their respective ports.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem and another end to the router through the Internet port of the router.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the system and another end to the system only if you are using the wired connection.
- Now, turn on the router with its power adapter, check all the LED’s are properly glittering. If the internet signal LED is blinking, it means the signals are not properly transmitting.
- Interact with the router interface through www.linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Fill up the login credentials within their respective fields. Type the default username with “admin” and leave the password blank.
- Linksys smart wifi page will appear on the screen.
- Go to the Network Map button to set all the network priorities.
- Follow all the onscreen instructions and make changes which you want to make while performing the Linksys router setup.
- After accepting all the terms and conditions, the setup process will come to end.
Note: Check the network LED, has properly lit or not to check the connection.
How to check the internet connection within the Linksys router?
There are several ways to check the physical internet connection within the Linksys router. The computer should properly be connected to the Linksys router. Check all the wired connection with the router.
The four ways to check the internet connection with the Linksys router
- Check LED’s on the router- Make sure the LED on the front of the router is properly lit. The LED’s on the front panel of the router helps to signify the strength of the connection of the router.
- Check the IP address of the router- The IP address on the router is also one of the major things which are properly connected to the router.
- Ping of the router helps in tracing the communication between the devices. The computer sends the packets to the router to validate its connection.
How to change the channel bandwidth within the Linksys routers?
Degradation in the internet speed of the router can be because of various reasons. Sometimes the interference of other wireless signals can be because of the fall in the internet speed; sometimes the distance between the router and the system also because of this problem and the most common problem is due to more traffic of devices on a particular channel.
Linksys has allowed the users to change the wireless channel through its web interface. The user can change the broadcasting channel by www.linksyssmartwifi.com. By interacting with the web interface of the router, the user can bring the change in a channel bandwidth of the router.
Here are the steps to change the bandwidth of the channel through Linksys routers
- To interact with the web setup based page of the router, the user has to open the browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com on the address bar of the browser.
- Go through the login credentials of the router.
- Type default username as admin and default password also as “admin” of the router.
- Both Login fields of the Linksys router login page will be case-sensitive.
- Click on the wireless tab of the router web setup page.
- Go to the basic wireless settings tab and select Manual. The system will allow you to make changes on the wireless signals according to your own preference.
- For some models you have to click first “Wireless” and then “Basic wireless settings” and at last “Wireless channel” to make a change on the drop-down list.
- Select the channel which you want to prefer for yourself.
- After selecting the appropriate channel for your network click on save settings button to make the changes
Note: If you are experiencing any connectivity problem, then it is preferred to apply 1,6,9 or 11 channel which is recommended for 2.4GHz network and 36,40,44 and 48 channel for the 5GHz network.
How to perform Linksys Extender setup?
Setup of Extender includes all the process which is needed to connect the Linksys extender with the router.
- First, unbox your Linksys extender.
- Connect the power adapter of the device with the power outlet.
- To confirm, Linksys extender has properly connected check the power LED on the front panel of the router.
- Now, wait for the LED on the front of the extender to turn amber which signifies Linksys extender is ready to use.
- Now, Go to your Linksys router and locate WPS button behind the router.
- Press the WPS button behind the router, and now turn on the WPS button behind the router.
- As soon as the Linksys extender gets properly connected to the router the LED on the front panel will turn solid green to signify the proper connection between the devices.
- After you have made a stable connection, plug out the extender from the electrical outlet.
- Now, plug in the device at the power outlet of the dead spot zone.
How to change the IP address in Linksys EA8500 AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit WiFi Router?
Changing the IP address of the Linksys router is useful for the users as sometimes it is difficult for the user to remember the IP address of the router. There are generally two types of IP address, first one internal IP address and second one external IP address. The internal IP address cannot be able to change as it is the IP address which is assigned by the manufacturers. An external IP address is allowed to change by www.linksyssmartwifi.com. An individual can change the External IP address by the web interface of the Linksys routers.
Steps to change the IP address of the Linksys EA8500 are
- Open the browser on the device connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Type www.linksyssmartwifi.com on the address bar of the browser.
- As soon as you enter into the Netgear router login page of the router
- Type the default username on the username field of the login page and default password on the password field of the Netgear router login page.
- Click on the Login button to enter into the web interface of the Netgear routers
- Now, go to the administration tab and visit Wireless security tab to change the IP address of the router.
Most of the user faces loss in connectivity due to certain problems within the network. Various barriers between the router and the computer makes difficult for the routers to catch the possible Wi-Fi signals from the network source. Sometimes it’s the walls which do not allow the signals to reach to the system, sometimes it’s the distance. Routers with the connectivity problem cannot be able to deliver its best performance to the user. The loss in connectivity is fixed by these devices as they repeat the signals from the main device to expand its coverage area.
The devices can be connected wired as well as wirelessly with the router. The connection established between the router and these devices should be proper to enhance the performance of the router. Extenders were provided with their separate interface which allows the user to control and manage them remotely. They also have processors, antennas, USB ports and various other things which can be found on the router. These devices are to be connected with the router by three types
Ethernet Cable connection- This is the wired type of connection which is established between the router and the extender. The connection is considered to be the safest and most securable type of connection. An individual gets the stable connection with the help of the Ethernet cable connection. The most appropriate connection for the home network or the stable one. If you don’t want to indulge on buffering or lagging then it no other connection is as better as of Ethernet cable connection
Wi-Fi connection- This is the wireless type of connection which is established through the Wi-Fi signals. This is the temporary type of connection which is most commonly used for connecting the extender with the router. The wifi button behind the Linksys Extender is turned on to connect the extender with the router.
WPS connection- WPS is the most stable type of connection which also uses Wi-Fi signals to connect the router with the extender. The only condition WPS connection needed is that the WPS button should be on both the router as well as in the extender.
How to reset the Linksys router with the web interface?
Linksys router can be reset properly with two types
Web interface reset- In this type of reset process, an individual has to interact with the web interface of the Linksys router. The user has to type www.linksyssmartwifi.com on the address bar of the browser to get to the Linksys router login page.
Manually reset- This type of reset process is done physically and take no time to perform the process. This is the quick process and also convenient to perform. The manual reset is the most common type of process used by the worldwide users residing across the globe.
Steps to perform the reset process through the web interface
- Visit the Linksys router login page by typing www.linksyssmartwifi.com as the URL of the browser.
- Type down the login credentials. Type “admin” as the default username and leave the password field blank if you haven’t set the password yet.
- Go to the advanced tab, then locate the administration tab and find the reset button.\
- Tap the reset button.
- The system will ask you for the confirmation of the process
- Click on Yes button to complete the reset process.